I had what I believed to be a solid concept but I was having trouble selling in the idea. So over a weekend I went up to the Adelaide Hills and shot on my phone some locations that I knew where on fire during Ash Wednesday 35 years earlier. I then cut it together to create a rough animatic.
This not only sold the concept internally, but was also used for client presentations, government approvals and later provided the basis for the campaign TVCs.
Campaign case study. 
Website visits increased 45% with 150% of target numbers reached for the CFS 'Plan to Survive' tool. Fortunately there were no 'attention-getting' fire events, meaning the results were driven by this campaign.
Press executions using actual bushfire locations.
Part of this campaign was interviewing South Australian residents that had been affected by bushfire. Needless to say, the interviews were intense.
Back to Top